Search All Things Beautiful

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I really love purple.

I've been noticing purple becoming a lot more popular in decor as of late.
I think it's a great color to theme a room around (plus, it looks good on my skin tone when I wear it ;).
In fact, i love purple so much that I decided to use it as the main color for the living room in the apartment I moved into a few months ago.

(Oh hey roommie, don't be shy!)

The purple color scheme doesn't come through as much as I had hoped, mostly because I was hoping to paint the walls a dark plum, maybe with one grey accent wall. But to my disappointment, my landlord doesn't allow re-painting. So, with my hand-me-down couch, yellow walls, DIY art pieces, and a college student budget, i'll work with I have.
and Apparently I'm not the only one who loves to use purple in my decor:

The first two are a little extreme for my taste (They remind me of something I would have made in The Sims when I used to play...for the designing part of course!)
                          

I absolutely love this bedroom. It's so romantic and warm, even though it has a cooler color pallet.


Great wall color, and it really mixes well with the brown accents.

This is one of my favorite bedrooms. I love the unique color combination! The burnt orange with the plums mix cools and warms leaving it with a very "passionate" feel i think.



 As you can see, purples make a great color scheme. It look great with black and white as the main accent color, or you can experiment pairing purple tones with other colors to make unexpected but still very attractive rooms. Its also great because there is such a wide variety of really pretty purple tones that give each room a different feel whether you prefer lilacs and lavenders, medium dusty-purples with a bit of gray mixed in, or dark, rich, opulent plums.

No comments:

Post a Comment